The Mitsubishi Pajero is one of the toughest, performance driven 4WD vehicles currently on the market. Its specs allow give you control and power when you need it most. Below is a detailed discussion about the Pajero’s performance and where in Queensland you can take it for a spin.
Mitsubishi All Terrain Technology
Each version of the Pajero utilises Mitsubishi All Terrain Technology (MATT). This is a collection of systems which are responsible for providing off-road control and handling to the vehicle. MATT utilises the following:
- Active stability and traction control – This system uses a rear differential lock. This helps provide the Pajero with superior control during extreme conditions. The stability and traction control is provided to all four wheels.
- Super Select II 4WD – This system gives you both rear and four-wheel drive mode. It can even be changed while the Pajero is moving.
- ABS braking system with EBD – The Pajero utilises an Antilock Brake System (ABS) as well as an Electronic Brake-force Distributor (EBD). This is an important safety feature of the vehicle, limiting the braking force of the wheel. The system helps prevent the Pajero from stepping out and causing an accident.
There are numerous off-road tracks in Queensland where you can push your Pajero to the limit, including:
- Moreton Island – Moreton Island itself is an entire off-road area. Traversing the island requires the use of a 4WD vehicle. The majority of Moreton Island consists of desert. Pajeros are very compatible here because of the light weight body and high torque delivery.
- Lockyer State Forest – Lockyer State Forest track is a great course for intermediate drives. It consists of steep hills and steep water basins. The Pajero’s high torque performance and MATT allows you to conquer almost every one of these obstacles.
- Mt Mee – Just like Lockyer State Forest, Mt Mee offers intermediate drivers a challenging track. It has a number of water basins. There is even a very steep decent which can be high up. The Pajero’s active stability and traction control helps keep the vehicle from getting stopped by these hazards.
Off-roading is always fun and challenging with a Mitsubishi Pajero. If you live in Brisbane, just visit Bartons Mitsubishi to see their full selection of these vehicles to meet your needs. Check out their website or call them on (07) 3117 8113 for more details.